Velocity is in pursuit of helping companies increase their feature to market speed. Our solution focuses on tools that allow developers to create and use their on-demand, fully isolated production-like environments during development in the same ease they create Git branches.
We are looking for an experienced Technical Writer to bring their talent to the Velocity Team! As a technical writer, you'll work in a fast-paced environment to continuously update and write technical content for product improvements and new features. To succeed in this role, you must be a confident writer of software documentation, great at cross-team collaboration, and be passionate about learning new concepts and clearly explaining complex technologies.
- Create engaging content (articles, guides, blogs, documentation, etc) that breaks down the complex into the understandable, while telling stories with code, and equipping developers with knowledge of tools and techniques, including but not limited to Velocity.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Marketing to understand changes and new features as they are released to identify any changes needed to keep documentation organized and up-to-date.
- Find relevant topics, interview subject matter experts and industry professionals, and translate those topics and ideas into compelling content.
- Propose structural and organizational improvements to the documentation set so that both new and advanced users can easily find information relevant to their requirements, use cases, and environments.
- A minimum of 4 years in a technical writer role.
- Native-level English.
- Solid understanding of the software industry with past experience working in enterprise software, SaaS, or cloud-native applications. Familiarity with the basics of Agile methodologies, git, and GitHub pull requests.
- Experience designing and delivering clear, accurate how-tos, blogs, and documentation targeted at developers or infrastructure and operations engineering teams.
- Broad understanding of software development tools and practices, especially Docker and Kubernetes. You don’t necessarily have to be an active engineer, but need to have a feel for how different teams build software.
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized, able to meet deadlines.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field a plus.
- Ability to produce engaging video content such as demos, tutorials, walkthroughs, and webinars in addition to written content. Know how to take internal-facing technical demos and presentations and repurpose them for specific industries and verticals.
- Experience installing and configuring cloud infrastructure and services.
- Experience with build, test, and deployment automation.
- Experience with SEO, and running a blog are a plus